Creda Electric Cooker - Concept Solar Plus C461 E - Oven not working

The cooker is about 2 1/2 years old and the bottom oven is not heating up although the fan is working.

All the rings and top oven seem Ok.

In view of its age I think it unlikely the heating element has gone so is it likely to be the switch / thermosat ??

Any ideas please

Reply to
martin-ann

Have you examined the element closely. Often when they go - sometimes with a bang - they blister on the surface making it obvious.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Pandy

The element could be shot, but you'd need to use a tester to find out for sure. A multi-meter is cheap to buy, and is usually enough to find out if things are giving proper continuity through them. Great for other things around the DIYers house as well, so I'd suggest you make a little investment in one.

Looking with your eyes is not enough on electrical equipment, and feeling with your fingers is not recommended at all. So, buy a cheap multi-meter and you'll be able to test things to find out exactly what's gone wrong.

Reply to
BigWallop

So that puts *any* electrical work out of the question then ! Observation is the simplest first step in any diagnosis.

If you are simply emphasing the point about isolating from the supply, then of course I agree with you.

So, buy a cheap multi-meter

Reply to
Andy Pandy