Core bit

I'm after a 152mm (Or thereabouts) core bit.

It needs to do two holes through soft brick/Breeze.

Hire shops want £40+VAT per day plus a "wear charge".

Anyone seen cheap ones for sale anywhere? It doesn't need to be too good as it's only going to be used for two holes.

sponix

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

That's about what I was quoted from HSS hire.

My local builder's merchant had a good deal on a set of 5 or 6 diamond core bits with arbour, SDS adaptor etc for around £170 which was reasonable I thought. To buy just one would have costed about half that due to the arbour and adaptor etc, common to all bits.

I ended up hiring from a local independent shop for around £25 including a Makitta drill.

Alan.

Reply to
Alan

I have tried looking at local places but they are all national chains, hence around £40 per day.

:(

sponix

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

If you're feeling especially cheap, and especially for only two holes, have you considered chain drilling?

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Toolstation do the 152 diamond core for 45 quid. So say under 55 for that and the arbour and pilot drill.

I expect you could get back more than 15 by flogging them on eBay after.

Reply to
John Rumm

Hi

Independents tend to be much cheaper than national chains. Where are you located?

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

With the proper hired gear it ain't gonna take you long to make the two holes. The wear and tear ain't gonna be that much either. So, for £40.00 + wear for one days work, it isn't that bad in my opinion.

Reply to
BigWallop

Look up Plant Hire in the Yellow Pages.

Reply to
JoeJoe

That's a diamond one (or at least at that price it had better be). For soft brick try others to find one with a normal tungsten tipped core cutter.

Reply to
Mike

Or thinking about it some more, why not use a SDS hammer drill to carefully knock out the hole. You can buy a cheap one for that price.

Reply to
Mike