Combination microwave question

I have a combination microwave oven (Sharp 959, UK) My question is, if I am using a recipe or preparing a ready-meal, do I use the recommended temperature for conventional oven or fan oven, bearing in mind that the Sharp does have a fan. The manufacturer's helpline wasn't very convincing, saying, "Oh, it's got a fan so it'll be the fan temperature". Any advice on this?

Regards and thanks in advance

Syke

Reply to
Syke

Its a fan oven. However cooking instructions arent really that exact.

NT

Reply to
NT

Drop the temperature back by 10-20C - seems to be the normal conversion I've seen on various food items that list both fan and non fan.

Reply to
Tim Watts

I use the recommended fan-oven temperature if I remember to do so, and the full temperature if I don't. It seems to make very little difference, and in any case I tend to use my own variations on temp and time anyway, derived from taste and experience.

Cooking is not an exact science!

What I don't understand is this: if you mustn't use the removable metal base plate when microwaving why is it OK - and indeed recommended - to use it when microwave+conventional cooking?

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules