Chalk paint

I have heard lots about chalk paint and am hoping to paint some of my pine furniture with it. But I would also like to use it on my bannister. It has been varnished wit has a dark gingery colour (some sort of antique pine, I think ). Do you think chalk paint would be suitable for this as well? I'm hoping to avoid too much prep as it will be very time consuming. Many thanks

Reply to
Adrianne

chalky paint isn't at all easy to clean, so I wouldn't. Stick with alkyd gloss or varnish.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

replying to tabbypurr, Adrianne wrote: Aah, okay, yes thanks, hadn't thought of that.

Reply to
Adrianne