central heating in 1-bed flat

hi all,

I've recently bought a 1-bed basement flat (kitchen, living room, bedroom, small bathroom) which has electric (not storage) heaters - the bathroom heater is just a fan heater mounted on the wall. This all makes the air very dry not to mention eating electricity and notbeing very efficient. The hot water is heated in a big boiler but rarely gives enough hot water to fill a bath. What I want to do is take the bath out and replace it with a good shower and hopefully make some space by taking out the boiler as well (seeing as it isn't much good).

What can I replace this system with? I'd like something more economical and the ability to control it centrally but I don't know whether to have the heating separate from the shower.

any advice? what sort of cost am I looking at for any solutions?

thanks Andy

Reply to
Andy

I have used this type of thing before now with great success:

sPoNiX

Took the words right out of my mouth. These units will give you a great economical heating system and hot water on demand, so they are ideal for a situation like yours.

Reply to
BigWallop

Hi,

Do you have gas?

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

'boiler') to provide DHW?

Reply to
John Stumbles

They can be controlled by their own internal flow switch to give instant hot to any appliance or heating system they are attached to. They're basically a slightly bigger version of an instant electric shower heater so they are very slim line and not as big as a normal gas boiler with heat exchanger and a tank inside it. On heating systems they only run when the water has cooled enough to bring the thermostat back on-line and they work best on well lagged systems. But I suppose that's also true for gas heated systems as well. They're quite economical to use really.

I suppose they could be controlled from a storage tank and thermostat configuration as well but I've never had the opportunity to try that with them yet.

Reply to
BigWallop

Consider very carefully before removing the bath; the lack of one is a real minus when it comes to selling a property (never quite understood why, but most or all estate agents would agree. No reason why you can't have a decent shower over a bath tub!

David

Reply to
Lobster