Central heating additives

Want to put some inhibitor in my system, but also want to add some Noise Reducer as the boiler is hissing. Can I add both to the header tank, as I already have the inhibitor and want to go and get noise reducer. Any advise.

Reply to
sndevereux

wrote

Whose inhibitor did you get? Leaders are Fernox and Sentinel. If Fernox, then ring their tech help, they are very good and provide sound advice IME. Make sure you tell them all details about system - boiler type/make, number of rads etc. I found that just adding the Fernox inhibitor actually quietened my system a bit.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

The Fernox corrosion inhibitor also reduces boiler noise. It surprised me how much it actually 'quieted' down the boiler. You inject it through a radiator bleed valve which obviates the requirement for the partial sytem drain required if you put it into the header tank. The 'stuff' comes complete with the adaptor necessary to inject it.

Roy

Reply to
roybennet