cavity wall insulation

can cavity wall insulation be used between a single skin brick wall and stud walling as is the setup in my garage which was converted to an office but not insulated so it's blooy freezing in the winter.

Reply to
LongYP

Yes it can be used but it's unlikely you would get a CWI company to do the work because:

1) It's not worth the bother. 2) It wouldn't be covered by any type of garuantee. 3) It would probably cost you more than to take down the boards and do it yourself.

My reccomendation is for the latter, take off all the P-boards, insulate with rockwool or fibreglass and re-board - you'll need new boards as the old ones will get mashed.

HTH

Reply to
Phil L

Agreed, but use celotex as its easier to work with and a better insulator.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher