Capping 4mm holes - a source of plastic plugs?

I have to fill, or cap, or hide, a series of 3 - 4mm holes left when various fittings were removed from a uPVC door frame. The neatest way would be with small plugs, such as DIY furniture flat-packs provide to conceal screw heads, only considerably smaller. Is there a good source of such things?

Many thanks.

Reply to
Bert Coules

I sometimes use knitting needles as a cheap source of plastic or aluminium rod for markers along fretted instrument fingerboards. Would something like that work for you?

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

There are 4mm hole plugs here

summary photos are in black but the individual items appear to be available in white also.

Owain

Reply to
Owain Carter

There are 4mm hole plugs here

summary photos are in black but the individual items appear to be available in white also.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

It could well, thanks for the thought. It's also occurred to me that round-headed nails could maybe be cut down, painted and glued into place. The advantage of ready-made white plastic plugs would really just be convenience and speed, plus perhaps the neatness of a slightly domed head.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

Owain,

Thanks for that link. For some reason, the site is loading incredibly slowly tonight but I'll try again tomorrow.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

You can get nails designed for fixing uPVC facia boards etc that have white plastic caps already permanently attached.

Reply to
John Rumm

I didn't know that; thanks very much. I'll have a hunt around.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

Like:

John Rumm

Thanks again. After your previous post I had a search around and found several examples, including that one. The best value, considering that at present I only need half a dozen, seemed to be these:

Bert Coules