Can I add extention buzzer to entry phone system?

Hi

Just wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction...

I'd like to fit at least 1 (preferably 2) additional buzzers to my entry phone system. Alas the company that installed it are no more. The entry phone system feeds 6 flats. Its unlabelled but looks pretty generic so to speak.

I'm trying to find out which terminals I can connect an additional buzzer to and how I can induce a bell keypress to test it (I'm on the top floor and its not always convenient to have to rely on other people being around to press it for me!

If anyone has access to simple entry phone wiring diagrams or may be able to suggest a company that could help I'd be very grateful.

I know its a bit of a long shot with such vague info but thought I'd give this NG a try.

Thanks a lot for any info.

Rob

Reply to
Rob K

The existing buzzer is integral to the unit? There might not be terminals for extension ones, then. Also, it may not have sufficient drive current for additional buzzers anyway. The way round this would be to use some form of relay - probable solid state - to drive an external sounder system.

There's no makers name anywhere?

Reply to
Dave Plowman

"Rob K" wrote | I'd like to fit at least 1 (preferably 2) additional buzzers to my entry | phone system. Alas the company that installed it are no more. The entry | phone system feeds 6 flats. Its unlabelled but looks pretty generic so to | speak.

Usually you can, *if* it's a straightforward buzzer. Some door entry (NB Entryphone is a trademark) systems use an audio signal through the earpiece rather than a simple voltage.

| If anyone has access to simple entry phone wiring diagrams or may be able to | suggest a company that could help I'd be very grateful.

    do probably the most generic door entry system around and they have some quite nice looking extension sounders. Even if the panel isn't theirs, there's a fair chance the innards are.
    stock BSTL and many other systems and parts and will supply to individuals.
    and
    have tech guides or wiring diagrams.

(Writing off-line - some of those .co.uk might be .com)

Usually you will have a 4+n system, where the wires at the handset are Common, Mic, Speaker, Lock, these are commoned to all handsets, and one wire Call which goes from the panel button to one side of the buzzer. So you need to wire buzzers in parallel between Call and Common wires.

Can you put up a photo of the handset and panel on the web somewhere?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I agree with Dave, we fit several different types of door entry system and while some will support additional sounders most won't and you'll drag the whole system down.

Reply to
Frisket