Can anyone guess what this is holding up:-)?

chimney breast has been removed.from ground floor to 1st floor ceiling height.

It's only holding this lot up

's right. It's the hearth AND the toilet. The whole lot rocked when you sat down for a dump.

And of course there is the obligatory video of what happens to a toilet when you flush it when it is over an inch lower than it should be (a clean video BTW).

here are the mods to the toilet to stop it leaking

a bad place Maidenhead (actually a very very nice place). I stopped on site. Fully equiped with

a kitchen

bed
a bath
in all a good 3 days work. Although I was passing Luton on my way to Deptford when there was a change of plan/desination.

Next week here comes Deptford.

Reply to
ARW

Can't see any biscuits, though - or are they hidden inside the power tool cases to stop them getting nicked?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Feel free. I might upload some more photos.

Reply to
ARW

This was on the notice (plaster) board:-)

ARW

Owain

Reply to
Owain

There's a house down the road which has been gutted and refitted over the last 6 months. I noticed all the builders sitting on the front garden wall as a skip was being delivered. When it had been dropped and pushed into place against the kerb, the skip driver jumped out. She looked like Barbara Windsor at around age 25. Thought to myself, I bet that company gets lots of business...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

You might get more of a dump than you had in mind.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

Well though I cannot see this, apparently this sort of bodge has been quite common. the original person of course is never around when the thing collapses.. grin. the problem is, people do not seem to understand that things tend to bend.. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

That makes us treasure our two builders even more :-)

Our kitchen is much the same. Our toilet is much the same but done properly. They've just moved it to the new soil stack and the wash hand basin across the room to the new waste pipe. We don't even have a bath, but we can go to a friend's to shower.

However we do have the front of the house to live in.

They were also very efficient with the acro props when they took the chimney out, also with the StrongBoys when they chopped out the back wall to take the new mega-steel.

So all in all I know which building team I would prefer. :-)

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Wash hand basin? We just held this up in front of the mirror for each other as and when needed

We don't even have a bath, but we can go to a friend's to shower.

And I needed the bath. Before and after shots of the water

They were also very efficient with the acro props when they took the

They did use steels when needed

yes that IS the stop tap. Well one of them. There were three!

Reply to
ARW