Building a fence on top of wall

I want to build a 3 foot high fence on top of a wall at the side of mu house and was wondering what the best way to build the supports.

  1. The wall is 2 bricks wide so could build up pillars. Is this OK for someone who has never build bricks before?

  1. Buy post supports from B&Q (the ones that bolt to a masonary surface and you put a standard wooden post in the top and tighten two bolts). Do these fix the post well? What do you use to attach these to the wall? Is there a risk of cracking the bricks while tightening the fixing bolts?

Are there any other options I havent thought about?

TIA

Reply to
TS

Dunno how good you are 'till you try.... how tall is the wall?

These are effeffeffeffeffing expensive, you need to buy the fixings too.

IMO they are somplete chite. Maybe OK for a 3' fence, but only maybe. Levelling problems, ugly, fixing problems. No ta.

Expanding rawlbolts. Hammer fixings. Galvanised coach screws in nylon plugs. Car body filler. Nails. Used chewing gum.

Yes, there is.

Bolt fixing posts to the side of the wall?

J.B.

Reply to
Jerry Built