bosch cooker hood sound level spec

Cooker hood Bosch Classixx DWB09W450B Maximum extraction rate 440 m=B3/h

Bosch website has the sound level as: Noise level according to EN 60704-3 and EN 60704-2-13 at maximum normal set= ting extraction rate: 60 dB(A) re 1 pW (46 dB(A) re 20 =B5Pa sound pressure= )

The product specs on various sellers websites all say: Noise Level 33 dB

Can anyone explain that ?

Thanks, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

In article , sm_jamieson writes

They're lying?

Most likely quoting sound levels from the min airflow level.

I'm planning to use a ducted fan drawing air from an empty hood but I'm not expecting a dramatic reduction in noise level at max flow as I think a lot of the noise comes from airflow over the hood internals.

Reply to
fred

etting extraction rate: 60 dB(A) re 1 pW (46 dB(A) re 20 =B5Pa sound pressu= re)

Well, I really must choose a hood in the next few days ...

Can anyone report the hood they have and if they are happy with it ?

Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson