Borrowed light for landing

With all the bedroom doors closed, my landing has no natural light. A previous house had 'borrowed' lights fitted over every bedroom door, which resolved the problem.

A possible solution to my problem would be to use glass bricks set into the plasterboard wall over each bedroom door.

How could these bricks be mounted into a frame and set into the wall neatly? I would be pleased if anyone here has any experience of this task.

David

Reply to
David J

I did this between the bathroom and the landing because we had the same problem. Eight glass bricks from Wickes mounted in a simple wooden frame, and it works nicely.

Reply to
Jason

I did that in my bathroom by fitting a non-opening frosted light (ie, sheet of frosted glass 1/4-rounded into a frame). It might look nicer than glass bricks if you make it the same width as the door with appropriate architraving and trim, etc.

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

There are other options fwiw

  1. fit glazed doors with acid etched glass - you can see zero through them.
  2. False window using fluorescent tubes

NT

Reply to
Tabby

  1. Light Pipe

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

On 2011-05-20, Nightjar

Reply to
Huge

I knew someone who fitted curtains to theirs.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Reply to