Bonding work...

Ok, a quick question which I think I know the answer to, but just wanted to make sure :)

Am in the process of doing the bonding in my bathroom. As I understand it, I need to bond the cold/hot pipes of the sink/bath and the cold for the toilet. Also my jacuzzi (the motor has an earth cable attached to the outside of the motor).

The cable for the jacuzzi was too short and upon inspection, it was going to be extremely difficult to replace the cable at the motor, so had to use a junction box which sits under the jacuzzi. This is fed from a spur protected by an RCD from the ring mains in the kitchen (which being a one bedroom flat is the only ring mains in the entire flat).

  1. As i understand it, this junction box below the jacuzzi is 'above board' provided that it is inaccessible without a tool (which it is).

  1. Is it ok to take the earth from this junction box and use this as my earth point for the bonding?

Thanks in advance for any advice, Miguel

Reply to
Miguel

And the earths to any mains voltage lights, fan and shaver point, etc., if they are within the zones.

Yes, that's OK, provided that the connections remain accessible with the use of a tool, and without the need for any serious demolition.

Yes. Supplementary bonding doesn't need an "earth point" as such, but the CPC of Jacuzzi does need to be bonded and your JB will provide a suitable point of connection.

Reply to
Andy Wade