Boiler fixed once more (MAN Micromat Boiler)

Another boiler repair bites the dust...

A few weeks back I had the boiler tripping the RCD due to a pipe leak dribbling over mains connector. Easy enough fix.

Yesterday it was an "ignition fault" Symptoms were ignition causing case back pressure wave that extinguished flame.

Bit of a pig to get spares for if you don't know where to look as the original suppliers went bust in 2006 I believe.. It was made by MAN in Germany and goes under the name of Micromat EC32 but the following documents give everything needed in case anyone else is looking for spares or fault finding/set-up details

(MHG Heating have all the spares)

This has full commissioning and fault codes (and fixes) although the blocked syphon fix on the above doesn't have the essential information I have in my booklet which tells you to remove the combustion chamber and pour water into the (condensate) heat exchanger to clear the condensate syphon if it remains blocked (which mine was) Oh and that you'll need to replace the o-rings sealing the combustion chamber to the back plate because they'll be rock hard... which mine were though the friendly plumbers merchant had some that did the job just fine.

So far it's had one pump (replaced December 2010) and 2 x diverter valve thingies and no servicing nor call-outs charges. (not much point when all you get is "never heard of that make mate - best replace it with a Greenstar" from plumbers and merchants alike)

:)

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

replying to

Fourgon wrote: Mine has ignition fault , service engineer "never heard of that make its got to be the gas valve" so it might be the syphon , and thats cleaned by sending clean water down the internal flue pipe ! Wish I'd read you post before it got dark!

Reply to
Fourgon