Bleeding radiators but no water, no air!!!

Hi Now that winter is on its way I decided its time to think about switching the central heating. I have a combi boiler and it is located in the garage. I like to bleed all the radiators before I turn the central heating on. I live in a town house (Three floors) and all was going well until I reached the top floor, where two of the radiators will not expel any water or air? I have left the bleed valve open for quite a while but nothing. Has anyone an idea of what is wrong? Thanks in advance for any advice. Johno

Reply to
JohnEllicottington

Only just?! You must be single then!

David

Reply to
Lobster

Is it a sealed or open system?

If sealed then what's the pressure of the system sounds like zero and it needs topping up.

If open then is the header tank full?

Martin.

Reply to
Martin

How do I tell? The combi boiler is in the garage and there are no external water tanks in the loft or any where else in the house as far as I know.

There's a pressure valve on one of the pipes in the garage, near the boiler, and its currently reading around two.

As above, I do not think there is one.

Reply to
JohnEllicottington

On the front of the combi, there should be a dial, which should have a red marker at around 1.5 to 2 bar, the black needle needs to be at this point. Under the combi should be a flex hose with a tap at each end, turn taps on to pressurise system (close all bleed valves) or sometimes internal with the use of a key. Check instruction manual!

Reply to
Dave Jones

Sounds like you might benefit from reading Ed's excellent Sealed System FAQ at

Set Square

Are the isolating valves either side of the radiators open?

Reply to
daddyfreddy

Try closing the return flow LSV and see if this forces air to escape/fill the rad with water. Worked on mine the other day.

Reply to
Ruski

the rad with water. Worked on mine the other day.

Thanks, I will try that and let you know the outcome.

Reply to
JohnEllicottington

See the SealedCH FAQ.

Reply to