Bird watcher

I've always wanted to set up a bird house on the gable of my house an

install a camera which would be conected to the tv. I know the kid would love to see a chick being born . So, I would like any tips fro anybirdy out there who can point me in the right direction........

what type of Camera, where to get it (EBAY?) Cable to run into house? Power suppy? Attaching to the TV? Construction of the bird house

-- Fatboise

Reply to
Fatboise

No help with your main question, though I have looks at various outlets that do kits from time to time, but if the box faces south, think about somewhere else, otherwise it might not be quite so enjoyable. I have been far more successful with boxes facing north and clearly parents are quite capable of keeping their hatchlings warm but can't keep an over hot box cool.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

Anything with its own IR illumination

Probably comes with camera - you need video, audio, power, and ground/screen

usually a wall-wart, comes with camera, 12V

Scart socket

RSPB website?

You might also be able to do something similar at ground level with hedgehogs

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Hi Fatboise,

This link is what you need

Martin Pentreath

Do you mean something like a bluetit box? If so the easy way is to get a black-and-white mini-cctv camera with built-in infra-red LEDs. Get one with a lens, not a pinhole, and you'll need to be able to adjust the focus - not to the bottom of the box but to where the top of the nesting material will be. Audio adds a lot to the fun!

Pick one of these

with the complete cabling option, which includes PSU and SCART connector, or try ebay. If you go for colour then you'll need white LEDs and should really turn it of at night.

My box is made from scrap ply. The size of the hole is quite important depending on what birds you want to attract, and the box shouldn't be exposed to too much sun or wind.

Reply to
LSR