BG CH cost...

The mother in law didn`t fish around for prices first, and went with a=20 quote from British Gas for CH...

*** =A34,500 ***

It`s not even a large house (3 bed ex-council end terrace).

This includes, as far as I can tell, Glow-worm 30cxi combi, 8 rads (3 of=20 which are double, the rest singles), and none of the rads are bigger than= =20

4 foot.

There`s no additional "goodies" like a shower or seperate pumped hot=20 water ring involved from what I can tell.

Anyone hazard a guess what a normal CH installer would charge for this ?

--=20 Please add "[newsgroup]" in the subject of any personal replies via email

  • old email address "btiruseless" abandoned due to worm-generated spam *

Colin Wilson

Less than half that?

We got quoted, for 8 new radiators (some 6 footers), new pipes and the above Glow Worm combi boiler from a local CORGI registered firm .... £2,100 fitted. Not just "for cash", but a proper through the books jobby.

The boiler isteslf can be bought here for just under £700 incl VAT ....

second one down)

But as we decided to move, we did not proceed.

NOTE: Avoid British Gas. They are overpriced. And, in my experience, cowboys. Had a service contract, as advertised by Jim "My Arse" Royle, all they did was f*ck up our gas fire and we had to buy a new one. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid. Is that clear. I'll say it again to be safe. Avoid.

Reply to
Lydiate (Remove trousers to r

She`d already signed :-/

They move in tomorrow...

Reply to
Colin Wilson
£1500 to £2000 max. May be a different , but equally efficient boiler though.

Is there a cancelation clause? Even with a nominal fee, it may be worth cancelling and shopping around. Although plumbers are a bit hard to get hold of nowadays.

dg

The mother in law didn`t fish around for prices first, and went with a quote from British Gas for CH...

*** £4,500 ***

It`s not even a large house (3 bed ex-council end terrace).

This includes, as far as I can tell, Glow-worm 30cxi combi, 8 rads (3 of which are double, the rest singles), and none of the rads are bigger than

4 foot.

There`s no additional "goodies" like a shower or seperate pumped hot water ring involved from what I can tell.

Anyone hazard a guess what a normal CH installer would charge for this ?

Reply to
dg

That`s the kind of figure I would have expected...

They`re installing it tomorrow and tuesday, so the time to cancel has=20 probably long passed...

--=20 Please add "[newsgroup]" in the subject of any personal replies via email

  • old email address "btiruseless" abandoned due to worm-generated spam *

Colin Wilson

In message , Colin Wilson writes

No cooling off period ?

Reply to
geoff

Don't answer the door !

;o)

Reply to
Lydiate (Remove trousers to r

Don`t know, it was the sister-in-law who arranged it all...

Reply to
Colin Wilson

but it's a heating system :)

(Sorry, couldn't resist it!_

Peter

Reply to
Peter Watson

It`s not installed yet, so it could be classed as a cold radiator :-p

Reply to
Colin Wilson

But if it's BG, that would be about a week after it was installed

Reply to
geoff

Buy some big aggressive dogs, there's still time

Reply to
geoff

Bit too late to ask here then wasn't it? Fools and their money are soon parted...

Reply to
BillR

Condensing?! BG fitter I spoke to t'other day said they'd dropped condis ("too unreliable". Discuss :-))

-- John Stumbles

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

-+

Reply to
John Stumbles

Sadly we didn`t know a thing about it until they`d gone ahead and signed...

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Its condensing according to SEDBUK

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Might be referring to the way they transport them, rather than what they still have on their pricelists ;-) Maybe dropped combis are less reliable than dropped regular boilers...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Hello Colin

1.5-2k?

General rule of thumb with BG is that they charge between twice and three times more than anyone else.

Reply to
Simon Avery

I wonder why ?

Reply to
tarquinlinbin

Because they can!

there are so many either lazy or stupid people out there that (a) listen to the advertising and (b) think that ONLY BG can do a quality job. Little do they know that BG use sub contractors who don't seem to care what kind of rubbish job they do!

Reply to
Angela