BG CH cost...

Page 1 of 2
The mother in law didn`t fish around for prices first, and went with a quote from British Gas for CH...
*** ฃ4,500 ***
It`s not even a large house (3 bed ex-council end terrace).
This includes, as far as I can tell, Glow-worm 30cxi combi, 8 rads (3 of which are double, the rest singles), and none of the rads are bigger than 4 foot.
There`s no additional "goodies" like a shower or seperate pumped hot water ring involved from what I can tell.
Anyone hazard a guess what a normal CH installer would charge for this ?
-- Please add "[newsgroup]" in the subject of any personal replies via email * old email address "btiruseless" abandoned due to worm-generated spam * --- My new email address has "ngspamtrap" & @btinternet.com in it ;-) ---
Add pictures here
โœ–

Less than half that?
We got quoted, for 8 new radiators (some 6 footers), new pipes and the above Glow Worm combi boiler from a local CORGI registered firm .... ฃ2,100 fitted. Not just "for cash", but a proper through the books jobby.
The boiler isteslf can be bought here for just under ฃ700 incl VAT .... http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/shop/acatalog/Glow_Worm_CXi_Condensing_Heating_Boiler.html
(The second one down)
But as we decided to move, we did not proceed.
NOTE: Avoid British Gas. They are overpriced. And, in my experience, cowboys. Had a service contract, as advertised by Jim "My Arse" Royle, all they did was fuck up our gas fire and we had to buy a new one. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid. Is that clear. I'll say it again to be safe. Avoid.
Add pictures here
โœ–

She`d already signed :-/
They move in tomorrow...
โœ–

geoff

Add pictures here
โœ–

Don`t know, it was the sister-in-law who arranged it all...
โœ–

(Sorry, couldn't resist it!_
Peter
Add pictures here
โœ–

It`s not installed yet, so it could be classed as a cold radiator :-p
โœ–

But if it's BG, that would be about a week after it was installed
--
geoff

Add pictures here
โœ–
Colin Wilson wrote:

Bit too late to ask here then wasn't it? Fools and their money are soon parted...
Add pictures here
โœ–

Sadly we didn`t know a thing about it until they`d gone ahead and signed...
โœ–
ฃ1500 to ฃ2000 max. May be a different , but equally efficient boiler though.
Is there a cancelation clause? Even with a nominal fee, it may be worth cancelling and shopping around. Although plumbers are a bit hard to get hold of nowadays.
dg
The mother in law didn`t fish around for prices first, and went with a quote from British Gas for CH...
*** ฃ4,500 ***
It`s not even a large house (3 bed ex-council end terrace).
This includes, as far as I can tell, Glow-worm 30cxi combi, 8 rads (3 of which are double, the rest singles), and none of the rads are bigger than 4 foot.
There`s no additional "goodies" like a shower or seperate pumped hot water ring involved from what I can tell.
Anyone hazard a guess what a normal CH installer would charge for this ?
โœ–

That`s the kind of figure I would have expected...

They`re installing it tomorrow and tuesday, so the time to cancel has probably long passed...
-- Please add "[newsgroup]" in the subject of any personal replies via email * old email address "btiruseless" abandoned due to worm-generated spam * --- My new email address has "ngspamtrap" & @btinternet.com in it ;-) ---
Add pictures here
โœ–

Don't answer the door !
;o)
Add pictures here
โœ–
writes

--
geoff

Add pictures here
โœ–

Condensing?! BG fitter I spoke to t'other day said they'd dropped condis ("too unreliable". Discuss :-))
-- John Stumbles -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ -+
Add pictures here
โœ–

Its condensing according to SEDBUK
โœ–

Might be referring to the way they transport them, rather than what they still have on their pricelists ;-) Maybe dropped combis are less reliable than dropped regular boilers...
--
Andrew Gabriel

Add pictures here
โœ–
Hello Colin

1.5-2k?
General rule of thumb with BG is that they charge between twice and three times more than anyone else.
--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK
โœ–
On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:19:23 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@digdilem.org (Simon Avery) wrote:

I wonder why ?
Add pictures here
โœ–

Because they can!
there are so many either lazy or stupid people out there that (a) listen to the advertising and (b) think that ONLY BG can do a quality job. Little do they know that BG use sub contractors who don't seem to care what kind of rubbish job they do!
Add pictures here
โœ–