bench seat

I have just finished diy-ing my kitchen, and I want a bench seat to fit along one wall. This may be slightly o.t. because I don't want to make one. Anyone know where I can buy a bench seat about 1.5 - 2.0 metres long?? It's to go one side of a dining table. Thanks.
Richard wrote:

The dreaded Ikea do two that may meet your requirements.
NYHAMMAR 1600mm with a back, storage under but no cushion 70 PASTILL 600 & 1200mm backless foam filled things 25 & 40
Not sure you would want to sit on either for very long.
Places like Durham [or Whoever] Pine Warehouse do the farmhouse style benches fairly reasonably 100 > 200, but go on...... make one.
--
Toby.

gui.server.ntli.net:

Toby, thanks for that - looks like I might have to make one!!

Or on any bench seat. I've seen people fidget, slump, move position and show other signs of discomfort.
I've also done all those things myself. I wouldn't put anyone through that.
It's not just older people either, children seem to be just as unhappy with them. Even when we sat on benches at school (in the 1940s) we had wooden backs to support us.
Bench seats seem to be a 'design' thing, not practical though. They're too narrow to support the legs so your bum hangs off at the back and pressure is put on the back of the thigh, which is not good.
Mary

My brother bought an old church pew. Surprisingly cheap, considering the quality of the timber. Of course, the length would need altering.
--
*No sentence fragments *

Whereabouts are you ? My timber-framing friends in Bristol have such a thing looking for a new home, or they build new ones (larch or oak) to order.

I want one that is the same as a dining chair, just wider. Surely, it would be as comfortable?
Richard.