Baxi Combi 105e Whining Problem

Hi All,

I have had a Baxi 105e instant Combi boiler for over a year now. It has developed a whining noise. This was only really noticable when the heating was running. It would whine every so often for a few minutes then stop.

It now does it when only the hw circuit is switched on. The 105e instant has a small hw tank built in. I think the whining happens when this is being re-heated or filled up. If i turn a hw tap on when the boiler is whining then the noise stops.

The boiler still fires correctly and the heating and hw circuits are working ok.

There was a small leak in the heating circuit last year that took the pressure to about 0.5bar which may have caused some damage.

I initially thought it was the pump but as this is running when I am drawing from a hw tap and there is no noise. But are there any other parts on a boilder that would move for 1-2 minutes at a time that could create this noise? There are only diverter valves but these would only move between heating and hw for a few seconds.

I don't really want to get anyone in at this stage until I know mopre about the cause.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Regards,

Reader

Reply to
Reader

I had exactly the same problem with my 105E after about the same time. Actually it was just under a year old, since the problem was solved free by Baxi. It's a quite common problem and is, I think, failure of some seal or other. I didn't enquire further into any detail. I did notice that while the fault existed, I lost quite a bit of pressure in the system.

Reply to
Frank Erskine