bathroom wall - advice on plumbing into it!

lo

the bathroom is situated downstairs next to the kitchen. the rooms form the extension of the house so there is only the ground floor. the problem is we have purchased wall-mounted taps (inc shower and bath mixer) and are not sure which way we should go about plumbing them. initially i was going to remove, completey, the breeze block wall of the bathroom and replace with a stud wall. however i have been told that it may be possible to chase the plumbing in to the existing breeze blocks. is this possible? also i thoought it may be worth cutting out (from top to bottom) the section of the wall where the shower and basin mixers would be and inserting a stud wall in just that section. is this possible?

any help would be greatly appreciated

here is a link showing the layout (the red wall is the wall in question)

thanks for your time and help

martin

Reply to
guns4jesus

btw

the green squares indicate the position of the shower\bath mixer and the hand basin mixer

many thanks

martin

Reply to
guns4jesus

In message , guns4jesus writes

Yes, you'll be able to chase out the wall no problem - easy peasy if it is breeze block. That is what I did with my shower mixer.

channel out, run in pipe (i used Hep20 plastic pipe) make good, tile over.

The only joints are in the wall right next to the shower mixer valve itself, so I would just have to remove a tile or two to get access to it (in the unlikely event). I don't anticipate any problem with the hidden pipe work other wise.

Yes you could replace part or all of the wall (assuming safe to do so) with studwork but it seems like a lot of effort - for little/no gain. (the only advantage i can see is that you could maybe get access if required from behind a little easier.

Reply to
chris French

thanks for the reply

will probably opt for the chasing as its bound to save me time and money :)

Reply to
guns4jesus