Bathroom suite

What would be the best way of getting rid of a bath, toilet and sink ?

I have thought about hiring a skip, but seems a waste just for a bath.

Reply to
Gary Fitches

Are they in reasonable condition? Horrible colour? ...

Reply to
Ian Stirling

My council will remove 12 items for ten quid. Mind, it would cost less to take them to the local refuse site.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

Depends what those 12 items are..

Reply to
sPONiX

Most farmers will take a cast iron bath off your hands. Some will even welcome a plastic one.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Why can't you buy brown toilet paper to match a brown bathroom suite?

Reply to
John

Do you have a car? Just bung them in (suggest you double-bag the bog though) and cart them down to the local council domestic waste site. If only a small car, then it's not too hard to demolish a bath (google uk.d-i-y for tips on how to do it to an iron one!) David

Reply to
Lobster

That is of course providing :- a.. you have a driving licence b.. you have a vehicle c.. your vehicle is big enough to get everything in ;-)

-- troubleinstore

mail can be sent via website. Email address in posting is ficticious and is intended as spam trap

Reply to
troubleinstore

Ours will probably collect for free.

Something like 4 bulk items a year or somesuch

Reply to
chris French

"Gary Fitches" wrote | What would be the best way of getting rid of a bath, toilet and sink ?

How manky?

If they're not completely insultingly dirty (WC especially... but ceramic can usually be cleaned up, squeamishness aside) then a free ad in the local paper "free, buyer collects" may well get rid of them to someone who wants said items for an outhouse or workshop. I have got rid of ripped out kitchen bits in this way. State the colour, as someone might be looking for a replacement for a cracked pan to match their own suite.

I used to work in a charity shop and we had a blue (unused) WC donated. It sold quite quickly actually.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Will they go out of district ? Our council puts barriers so low on it's refuse sites you can't get some cars in. As for collecting - forget it.

Reply to
G&M

I managed to get a brand new bath into a normal hatchback ford escort some years ago, as well as driver and passenger.

Yes the boot was closed and one of the back seats was folded down.

Reply to
hudsterou