APC UPS Replacement batteries!...

Got a 1500 rack mount APC UPS that is in need of a battery change.

Anyone got any recommend manufacturers and suppliers of individual batteries rather than the APC replacement cartridge?..

Cheers...

Reply to
tony sayer

I've always been happy with the service and price of batteries from Value Power Systems.

I think they sell APC branded sets, their own sets or individual batteries. It can save afew squid if you look at all the options. IIRC the last set (2 x 12 V 7 AHr) I bought from them was their set, for which they don't give a maker, but what I got was Yuasa for less than buying two individual Yuasa batteries.

Might be worth digging about in here for the threads on modding APC UPS's so they don't cook the batteries.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I normally jet get them from CPC and go for whatever brand of SLA looks most cost effective. Camden usually - although now and then the official APC packs are cheaper from them.

Reply to
John Rumm

VPS are normally cheaper than CPC for the same product...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Yes seems you can get a set of the original makers batts CSB ones 4 off for 60 quid all in which isn't bad at all seeing that APC want the price of a small car for a direct replacement;!!.

Yes noted a couple of those articles but this one is a later one and I don't think it was used that much just the batts are olde. This has got the surface mounted components as opposed to the thru hole ones of earlier types depicted. Still 4 batts on order and we'll see what the charging voltage is when there're warmed up a bit;!..

Reply to
tony sayer

I'd put money on it being nearer the recomended "cyclic" voltage than the "float" one and not temperature compensated either.

When the new batteries arrive, find the makers spec sheet and do the maths for the float voltage at say 30 C.

I wonder if APC choose the "cyclic" voltage as they are American and their mains is not as reliable as ours? B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I've ordered up 4 off from MDS battery of the original fit ones at 61 odd quid all in and delivered. I reckon thats not a bad deal..

I'll check that as detailed above Dave when they arrive.

Cheers..

tony sayer

tony sayer put finger to keyboard:

I've used MDS battery for ages, always been pleased with both their price and their service.

Scion

+1 for them.
Reply to
Bob Eager