Anyone tried the Parcel Dropbox from postboxshop.com?

Has anyone tried this? I don't mind spending the money if it's really as good as it's supposed to be.

Adam Funk

In article , Adam Funk writes

Observations only I'm afraid:

I can't find any pictures anywhere of it with the door open so you can't see how strong or well secured it is whereas a different type of secure lockbox on the same page shows off its security with a door open pic.

The video shows that the parcel shelf stops just below the door so there is less room in it that it first appears.

From information elsewhere, it only uses a camlock which I wouldn't put top of the security list.

Overall opinion, potential scrote magnet.

Reply to
fred

The biggest drawback surely is that for any item worth any money at all, the sender would probably still require a signature.

michael adams

michael adams

It says in the description that you can remove that to increase the volume.

Where did you read that?

Hmm.

Reply to
Adam Funk

That's useful.

The video linked to on the description page describes it as a Allux 800 parcel box, searching for details on that brought up more pages than I care to mention but 1 in which the picture matched described the lock as a heavy duty cam lock (might have been an Australian site, but now lost). No open door pics though.

What I meant to say was that it could still be a good box, just that you can't really tell from the pics. However, the meatiness of the optional concrete-in base mount implies that is intended to be tough.

Reply to
fred

Thanks for pointing out the "Allux 800" bit --- I should've noticed that & have now found a lot of parallel information about it. I'm still curious about how to wall-mount it (which is what I'd need to do).

Reply to
Adam Funk

have you not tried the

?

Reply to
stu dog

Not yet, but thanks for the link.

Reply to
Adam Funk

I wonder how many delivery companies still insist on a real signature? And thus won't use this?

(and also what happens with damaged parcels)

Reply to
Bob Eager