Another laminate query

I've just bought all the kit to laminate our lounge/sitting room. I took a plan of the room in to the shop and the fella calculated everything that was needed.

However, while he worked out how much underlay & beading was required, he hasn't mentioned/supplied any membrane.

If the laminate is being laid onto floorboards, is the membrane really necessary? The boards are suitable for utility rooms & bathrooms so I'm presuming they have a high degree of water resistance anyway.

TIA

Reply to
Neil

Erm! did you get the underlay?

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Yeah, got the 7mm 'Luxury Leveler Wood and Laminate Floor Underlay & Insulation' boards.

Reply to
Neil

Assuming the floorboards aren't damp :-) membrane is only necessary on a concrete floor IMO.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman