Advice on levelling ground for a childs playhouse.

Hello group,

I am soon to undertake the building of a 8' x 8' childs playhouse. The ground area it is to be built on has a very slight slope, from left to right. I will be placing the playhouse on pressure-treated floor bearers (fence posts) on top of a gravel base (as instructed in the plans I have purchased). Can someone please advise on the best way to level the ground, ready for the gravel base to go down? Is it possible to use the gravel to level it?

Im a newbie at this so all and any advice is welcomed.

Thanks Marc

Reply to
Cokey

Why not just stand it on 8 bricks? 64 square feet of gravel (to a depth of 4"?) seems like a lot of work for no real benefit. Your posts will rot without a good circulation of air

Reply to
Stuart Noble

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 11:59:35 GMT, Stuart Noble mused:

Also gravel is a nightmare to walk on if it's more than a couple of inches deep.

Personally, after having gravel in a few spots round the back garden, I wouldn't ever use gravel again if kids are around. They all love it, but it ends up everywhere, and not just a few bits here and there, buckets full of the stuff in the grass, across the patio, everywhere.

Reply to
Lurch

I agree, Get some cheap concrete paving slabs or concrte blocks and dig them in to 'level'

Thats what I did..its been fine.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thats the way I'd go, and then use slates (or frame packers) to pack up the gaps and make all nice and level. I might put the pricks on some large thick paving slabe if the ground was soft.

Reply to
Rick

Right, I think I will go for the brick solution. Luckily I have a pile new bricks to hand. I will report back with the result, for future reference, when done.

Thanks to all who replied. Marc

Reply to
Cokey