Addtional Cooker Chimney Needed

The chimney for the cooker hood in my kitchen is located to the side of the external air vent (rather than directly below it)

The previous owner has simply left some flexible ducting trailing from the external air vent to top of the chimney (and then down to the cooker hood where it connects). This, as you can imagine, is rather unsightly.

The solution I propose is to run some extra chimney horizontally, from the top of the existing chimney, to the air vent.

Moving the air vent above the cooker is, unfortunately, not an option

Does anybody know where I can buy some extra chimney, or got any suggestions as to how I can make one. I'm guessing a sheet of stainless steel could be used but I wouldn't know where to buy one from or the best way to work with it.

For information I have a CDA Matrix Stainless Steel hood and chimney:

help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Charlie

Some 4'' (110mm) diameter grey waste pipe should do the job for you.

Reply to
BigWallop

Do you have wall cupboards on either side of the cooker hood or is it completely free-standing? Just that when I recently fitted a hood, I had wall units on both sides of the cooker, and ended up boxing in the space between the top of the units and the ceiling - carrying the boxing across the gap between the units and above the hood. The supplied s/steel chimney therefore went straight up into the boxing (within which ducting connected it to a vent on the outside wall). I'm wondering whether that's a way forward for you, or food for thought?

If you do need to start fabricating... my own chimney is nothing more than a flat sheet of s/steel bent into a straight U-shape - dead easy to replicate if you cut a sheet to size and bend it by clamping between two straight lengths of wood aligned with the desired bending line. You can get the stuff from a sheet metal supplier from Yellow Pages (from their scrap bin probably), or if you're more comfortable with the likes of B&Q, their Depots carry it too.

David

Reply to
Lobster

David,

Thanks for your advice, it seems like a sensible solution. I'll give it a go.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie