A new impossible problem

And if you do add some upstands designed to take a removable platform.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

It happens all the time. And you be surprised how many people build conservatories below aerials and dishes. Then they get a big bill when the aerial or dish needs attention.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

If you could get some more sheets of plastic exactly the same you could put them down over areas of the existing ones as reinforcement. Then put some 8x4s down. It would all need to be securely tied.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Seconded. Although we always pass the cost on to the customer!

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

This is one of the reasons that when I built our conservatory, I built around 900mm of brick wall and a "flat" roof on the back of the house, with the conservatory on the back of that. A perfect work platform and also useable as an escape route from the first floor windows.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

At a family wedding recently, I was talking to a gentleman who broke his back falling off a ladder whilst helping to paint the local scout hut. He didn't even fall very far, yet his life is completely changed.

Reply to
GB

Get someone with one of those remote controlled quadrocopters, attach a long handled paint brush to the bottom of it, and get the 'operator' to fly it from the paint can, to the wall, then fly up and down the wall between each trip back to the paint can :)

Reply to
Gazz

There was some rot to cut out and fix new timber. Can't do that from a distance. I have just waterblasted one half using my scaffolding that I made out of ladders:

Ready to sand and paint tomorrow if it's fine! I did use plywood over the plastic roof. That is excellent and could easily stand having ladders on it.

Reply to
Matty F

That picture brings to my mind the following words; award, darwin, organ and donor.

Reply to
Onetap

I trust that lot's tethered somewhere. Otherwise if you push on the wall, over the scaffolding goes.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

As I said before, the ladders are bolted to the house framing with 120mm bolts.

Reply to
Matty F

Fine then;)...

Surely they'd be a few bits of Tram line in it somewhere, doesn't quite seem a "Matty" project otherwise;)...

Reply to
tony sayer

You could have put a few "comedy" milk crates and paint tins around the base for the neighbour's benefit ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

But he doesn't say what thread they are ...16BA?

Reply to
The Other Mike

Knowing Matty, they could be M120 :-)

Reply to
Bob Eager

OK, here's the finished job:

Plywood on the plastic roof made the job easy, but I did bolt ladders to the house. I have left the bolts there for next time, in 15 years!

Reply to
Matty F

replying to Tim+, MattyF wrote: This is how I painted the back of the house. Just testing images. Do they work? Why are the sides cropped?

MattyF