50 shades of DIY revisited

It was pointed out to me the other day, that Poundland now sell assorted cable ties in packets. Personally I'd not say these would be safe for the unapproved uses in the book and film, but there you go. We are all children at heart I suppose.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

They also sell batteries, but I doubt a poundland rabbit would last as long as a duracell bunny.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

the batteries do though

NT

Reply to
meow2222

We are _all_ somebody's children! It couldn't be any other way. :-)

Perhaps you meant to say "We are all childlike at heart I suppose."

Reply to
Johny B Good

Sigh, it's not 'elf and safety you should be worried about.

Recently picked up a copy of one of Des Pawson's books on rope knots in the local Oxfam shop. Resisted the urge to buy a copy of "50 shades of grey" at the same time. 'Er indoors will have to buy her own copy.

What's of *real* concern in the woeful lack of technical ability that means cable ties have to be used. What's wrong with spending time constructing wonderful rope knots fit for the purpose? Never mind being a child at heart; this cavalier use of cable ties is an extremely poor example for the children.

"50 shades of grey"?? Don't make me larf. More like "50 shades of butter-fingered technical incompetence". Although I must admit this doesn't seem to be a catchy film title. Not at first glance anyway.

Reply to
Dennis Davis

Given that you are accessing one of the more obscure parts of the internet that film will be 50 shades of boredom. That exludes google groups users of course as they probably know nothing of the internet, just the web.

Reply to
dennis

In the 60s, I remember someone showing me an American police magazine where these were advertised as "Disposable Handcuffs". Nothing new.

Reply to
charles

When I was a performing magician I was booked for a wedding reception. Nice warm day, guests sitting outside. I approached a large table and started my 'cut & restored rope' routine.

Part of the patter was to let a lady examine the rope and to use the line "That's a normal piece of rope? Just like you have in the bedroom at home?".

This particular lady, in her late twenties, scowled at her husband and said "unfortunately not!"

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Well I was being deliberately vague, as I did not want to start any kind of war on here. I think its a lot healthier to have these things out in the open ie, not actually doing them in the open! There used to be a chap with a regular late night slot on a radio station some years ago, who was called Dungeon Dave. He apparently did a good trade in small runs of, unique multi purpose furniture. Make of that what you will. Could be a profitable side line for any good carpenter or something similar. You just need to research the market. Interestingly more women than men at the s time. B Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

No but the grey is Gray as a name, and its all a big pun in any case.

Yes my rope knotting is pitiful. Its hard to explain knots to people who cannot see diagrams.

Thank goodness we humans are a varied and colourful bunch, it would be awfully boring if we were all the same.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Unfortunately, on h this subject most of the newsgroups which used to be full of handy hints to would be sexperimenters, are now full of spam about phone sex and enlargement pills. I stumbled across a site called Informed consent some time ago, if its not been shut down by now by Christian fundamentalists. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yes they seem to use them a lot on CSI, and indeed in one old episode it implicated a csi in some form of unlawful killing. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff