3 light bulbs in 36 hours

Page 2 of 2
Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Wwell it is a big bulb shaped thing, with a large screw base, and it is yelowish color, about as much as I get from a torch with the battery half flat and is allegedly '60W equivalent' but cvompared with e.g. a 50W LV halogen it is probably 1/10th the output, and compared with a 60W bulb about 2/10ths.
It is, in short utter crap.

"The Natural Philosopher" wrote | I just saw another two on teh same switch had gone tonight. Thats 5 | in 4 days now..all candle bulbs
If they're on the same switch they'll have been running for the same length of time (and were probably first fitted at the same time) so they'll all blow at about the same time?
Owain
Owain wrote:

I doubt it in this case since one was clear and one pearl, which suggests this isn't the first time they have gone.

You need a Priest - there is something definatly untoward going on - but the good news it is not likely to be DIY related. :o)
If it gets regular then you may want the ring or ceiling connections checked. How old is the wiring?
dg

vince wrote:

That normally happens here too. Either the mains has overvolted or more likely you fitted the bulbs at the same time and they have come to the end of their pre-programmed life :-)