Waste water question?

Hi, hopefully someone can answer a question for me.
I'd like to know if I can get rid of waste water from a washing machine, by plumbing into a rain runoff gully, ie rain water from the roof?
Is this OK environmentally speaking, & OK with the local County Council?
Many thanks
Steve
No, you can't plumb greywater to dump outdoors. All waste water needs to dump into an approved sewer or septic system
I recently asked the question at a Plumbing hardware store, and they said that there was no reason why I couldn't, or every heard of a reason.
Steve

The reason is that washing machines use nasty chemicals such as detergents and phosphates (amongst others) that should be sent to a sewage processing system so that they don't pollute the environment.
Christian.