PVC or

I will be running a new H&C line for outside shower..and will probably use PVC.and CPVC..as I have a lot of fittings and wouldlike to use them to save..but Home Dep..they have new pipe..Pex ..etc.. anyway, 1- is there a reason to switch to Pex?.. 2- Can I use 1/2 and mix it with 3/4 PVC for running a line..as I have quite a bit of 3/4 PVC id like to use up.
BTW Iron Mike thanks for the last advice..on pvc to copper.. I had some iron street els and unions I used up on that job,..I hate to use Iron pipe but it was mine and free..and..Im 73..so it will be my daughters prioblem when the Iron rusts. I know I wont be around..
On Mar 15, 8:22am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (elliot) wrote:
"I will be running a new H&C line for outside shower"
PVC's not rated for hot water.
kenny b