no heat in basement zone

I am getting no heat in the basement zone.I thought the thermostat may be faulty,but taking it off the wall and touching the two wires together didnt even create a spark.Opening the zone valve manually didnt even initiate the circ. pump.The other two zones work great. My question is...If the zone valve is gone,would that prevent voltage getting to the thermostat?
thanks in advance!
sounds like its dead. Is this a taco 550 series? I think that the manual lever should close the endswitch.

no,it's a honeywell v8043g. I swapped a powerhead from a working zone and it worked.Guess I need a new powerhead today.Nice guy I am my daughters now have warm rooms and mine is 16c this morning.I will get one today...no Sunday shopping here in Nova Scotia :-(