no heat in basement zone

I am getting no heat in the basement zone.I thought the thermostat may be faulty,but taking it off the wall and touching the two wires together didnt even create a spark.Opening the zone valve manually didnt even initiate the circ. pump.The other two zones work great. My question is...If the zone valve is gone,would that prevent voltage getting to the thermostat?

thanks in advance!

Reply to
slider

sounds like its dead. Is this a taco 550 series? I think that the manual lever should close the endswitch.

Reply to
Ned Flanders

no,it's a honeywell v8043g. I swapped a powerhead from a working zone and it worked.Guess I need a new powerhead today.Nice guy I am my daughters now have warm rooms and mine is

Reply to
slider