Homemade Garden Spa Pool

Dear all,

I would love to have a Garden Spa Pool but can't justify spending £5K-£10K on one, so being the DIY type that I am, I'm trying to dream up a way of building one myself.

Thoughts so far include:-

Strong marine ply construction covered in swimming pool style mozaic tiles and swimming pool style waterproof grout.

Recirculation with a large high capacity pump, using home-made venturi inlets to introduce the air.

Another recirculation pump (maybe a central heating pump), through a 2-3kW in-line water heater.

Obviously I would use all the correct chemicals to keep the water clean etc etc.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this, or maybe point me to some on-line resources !.

Many thanks,

Paul. UK.

Reply to
Paul W

Those big galvanized steel horse troughs are the right size.

Reply to
Mark Monson

I'm thinking a comfortable hole in the ground lined with steel reinforced gunnite and flagstone, water fall inlet, equiped with mood lights, sound system, champagne chiller, and a nice 750K BTU boiler to take the chill off....

Reply to
Pipeline9000

Ever seen a whiskey barrel? I've seen people make hot tubs same way... Just not sure if the wood they used was from whiskey barrels, and if so, how long it took to drink all that whiskey. In any event, they really do work. No liner needed, as the wood will swell and seal the leaks.

Dean

Reply to
Lori & Dean Wigmore