Zoned heat-pump and backup heat strip question

I have a zoned, heat-pump system with two zones. The thermostats are both pretty basic and don't indicate if/when the backup heat strips are on, which is something I'd like to know. Does the zone controller indicate when the strips are on? I assume there's a signal there I could tap to get some indication.
** Due to SPAM I no longer receive email responses to ** newsgroup postings, so don't bother.

Pretty sure you could simply connect a led between the "C" and "Wxxx" wires at the air handler.
Or at the stat(s) ( provided the "C" wire has been run to them )
Others might chime in....
--
SVL

Thanks! I took some digital photos of the zone controller with the connection cover removed so I could study it.
On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 00:08:41 -0700, "PrecisionMachinisT"

** Due to SPAM I no longer receive email responses to ** newsgroup postings, so don't bother.