Would Like a Quieter Furnace

Page 2 of 2
micky wrote:

Actually, the biggest noise is the burner running. So the advantages of a variable speed blower would barely be noticed if the burner makes so much noise.
Nah, the door vents are not the air intake but they are the combustion air (for the water heater as well). I suppose I can put some insulation on the inside directly opposite the burner area of the furnace to suppress the noise where it is most intense.
But I'm hoping that I can select a new furnace that's not so noisy.
On 11/11/2014 6:45 AM, Steve Kraus wrote:

My old furnace had a gentle flame distributed along long pipes. The new one is more like a flame-thrower with a LOT of turbulence resulting in a LOT of noise.
On Tue, 11 Nov 2014 08:41:31 -0600, Steve Kraus

Yeah, come to think of it, in his case you're probably right. When I care about the noise, I'm two flights up and all I hear is the fan, so I thought of that first. The color showed it was on the slowest speed, but I tried the other two wires, just in case they'd made a mistake. They hadn't. So I sometimes shut the bedroom door to cut out the noise.