Wood siding?

Is it possible to replace sections of wood siding? I have a section of the siding of my house that is warped and am worried about issues that could arise from the wood being swollen and warped. Would it be possible for me to replace just those areas or will I have to replace the entire siding? Thanks for any input, Dan

Reply to
Dan Kennedy

Yes, you have to take some care and cut some nails but it can be done. You first must determine the cause for warping so it does not come back.

If the section is large or the damage is spreading under the siding, it may be just as easy to replace that wall.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Sure replace just pieces, but not till you get an exact size match , Paint fades and changes sheen , you will also have touch ups to do, unless it was painted this year you will probably have to repaint the side.

Reply to
m Ransley

rough cut and tacked some siding here over existing then tacked on a firring strip for a straight edge, ran the skill saw through both siding pieces so the edges would match - hard to tell where they butt together after fresh paint.

Reply to
bumtracks

It's done all the time. But correct any problems you find that caused the deterioration before doing the repairs. Remember that real wood needs to be primed front and back for longest service. Stainless steel nails (or maybe aluminum) would complete a first class job. Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst