Wire for new lawn mower

just bought a new lawn mower that only says its an 6.5 amp motor. I have a wire that says 13 amp, 125v and 1625w....would that be good enough to use on this mower for the length of about 25 to 35 feet? Its a small back yard lawn 16' wide.

on this mower for the length of about 25 to 35 feet? Its a small back yard lawn 16' wide.
Yes, it should be OK, it's 2X the min.
Either that, or the OP should get a 6.5 amp extension cord? . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .

enough to use on this mower for the length of about 25 to 35 feet? Its a small back yard lawn 16' wide.
Yes, it should be OK, it's 2X the min.
On 6/14/2013 12:04 PM, novel wrote:

Sure...it's half the rating and that's pretty short cord.

that says 13 amp, 125v and 1625w....would that be good enough to use on this mower for the length of about 25 to 35 feet? Its a small back yard lawn 16' wide.
That sounds like a 16 ga cord. 50 feet down that cord you will lose a tad over 3 volts, not a big deal.

No problem at all. The good thing is when you run over it and cut the cord in half you won't get zapped too much 'cause it can't carry a lot of current!

It should be OK Marry Student at Olivet College of Business snipped-for-privacy@olivetuniversity.edu http://ocb.olivetuniversity.edu
Thanks for sharing. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
http://ocb.olivetuniversity.edu
On 6/14/2013 12:04 PM, novel wrote:

wire that says 13 amp, 125v and 1625w....would that be good enough to use on this mower for the length of about 25 to 35 feet? Its a small back yard lawn 16' wide.

I use a 100 ft (12 ga) cord for a relatively small yard. Are you sure that it will reach far enough?
Bill

I have the same, which works with most things. Got to figure in my 85 foot run of 10 ga feeding that 100 foot extension.
Greg