Which programmable thermostat?

Moving into a new house which has a heat pump and an emergency/auxilliary heating element in the furnace which is switched on via the existing analog thermostat. What is a good digital programmable thermostat that work best?

Thanks

Reply to
synergy3000

Many different ones out there. Just start googling. However, look for one with "smart recovery". IE: One that doesnt just slam in all the electric heat at once in the morning when the thermostat/home is recovering. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

I dunnna know. G Google for digital stats and look at the features and costs, you decide. There is never one best for everyone. Make damn sure you match the stat to your equipment or there may be costly problems.

Call a licensed pro and have them install one for ya.

Reply to
SQLit

We have installed a bunch of Honeywell TH8000 for heat pump applications. Nice 'stats. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Stopped using those till they get the bugs out...

Reply to
CBHVAC

Bugs?? We have installed over a couple hundred of them and out of the box had a couple failures. I think we have had maybe a couple fail some time after install. Very reliable as far as I am concerned. Try Lux stats and compare!! We had a wholesaler convince my boss to try Lux 'stats. We bought ten of them, installed six, and replaced four of them with Honeywell! We still have the last four on the shelf. I should take them back for credit! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Depends on the model....you know there are a few in that series..but seriously, they work fine on a gas or oil unit, but my supplier warned me about putting them on heat pumps and that he had over 100 ready to ship back...all did the same thing. Something about the 2nd stage term frying...Ive got several out there, but I like the Robershaws too...and Robertshaw DOES allow for the contractors contact information to be put into it.

Reply to
CBHVAC

This is also going to be partially controlled by such things as how many stages in H.P, whether variable speed air handler in use, etc. Why not get the models of both and ask the mfgr what he recommends. They all have www sites

Reply to
Roy Starrin