Where to post pictures?

I am about to take pictures of my basement to get opinions on what I should and should not do in a DIY remodeling project. Where should I post them?
Dick
www.photobucket.com

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Please don't use photobucket, they make it next to impossible to download the pictures in anything other than .bmp format, and they have *way* too many ads.
Use tinypic, or imageshack (if you can figure out how to direct link to the image so we don't have to see the ads).
Best is to use the webspace your ISP has given to you, but that's likely beyond the skillset of most people.
Jon

I just went to photobucket, clicked a random choice from the "most viewed" list, clicked download, and the file format was jpg. No bmp format offered. Is it possible the format you download will always match whatever the original upload format was?
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Most likely appear in format same as upload. It would be nice if folks paid attention to the resolution of their images so's those of us with slow connections don't have to wait 10 minutes for a photo of a shingle :o)
On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 16:36:16 -0500, " snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net"

We could make them black and white photos. That would speed you up.
Dick Adams wrote:

There is Google Picasa and many others.
http://www.imageshack.us /
http://www.photonugget.com /
http://tinypic.com/
TDD
http://img199.imageshack.us / Worked for me.
http://tinypic.com/r/6gv30z/4
Tinypic worked, too.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Dick Adams wrote the following:

There are a number of free picture hosting services on the web, ImageShack and Photobucket are only two.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

www.flickr.com
on usenet at "alt.binaries.(???)" {work, anything, pictures, ...} pick a spot.
"alt.home.repair" ought to have a companion binary drop like "alt.binaries.home.repair" for sharing such pics but those other file hosts work too
robb

This is the least desirable way for many reasons.
The main reason is that not everyone has access to Usenet or binary groups.
I use Tinypic

I disagree, completely.

...}
other
That makes you very disagreeable.

Yeah, but some here would agree. No need for another Usenet group, countless threads telling them how to post a picture.
YMMV

I use www.flickr.com
Easy and free.