where's the mower choke?

That's about all that's available now, at least for walk-behind mowers. Not having a choke/throttle is a positive thing IMO, because there's no control wire to get snagged on trees or plants. They're pretty much unnecessary anyhow, since you usually run the mower at whatever speed and leave it there until it's time to shut down.

Reply to
Bob M.

I can only speak for the EXMARK walk behinds that the company i work for has. They have 17HP Kawasaki engines and they have a manual choke.

And the toro self propelled push mower i personally own has a manual choke.

Let's make sure we're making a rye grass to rye grass comparison here.

I'd hazard a guess and say that the vast majority of today's *walk- behind* mowers do not have manual chokes.

On the other hand, anything that you ride - either stand or sit - probably does.

Just guessing, don't be rude - errr - I mean funny - with me.

Reply to
S. Barker

The devil's in the details. I think for the most part this thread is about home-owner walk behinds. I don't know of any homeowners that own

17HP walk behinds...but technically you are right.

Interesting - what's it vintage?

Reply to
DerbyDad03