Where do I get cholorine bleach?`

I've been told that chlorine bleach will kill the moss (and other green stuff?) that is slowly eating my cedar fence rails, and very very slowly my fence posts. Only the ones that don't get much sun.
But where do I get chlorine bleach? Even CLORox has only sodium hyposulfite. And this isn't the Ultra, which I think is meant to be color safe.
Although there is no H in Clorox.
When did it happen that they took the chlorine out of regular bleach?
This is what the Clorox site said:

the bottle is sodium hypochlorite, the active ingredient in liquid bleach. Although chlorine is used to manufacture sodium hypochlorite, there is no free chlorine in bleach.
But on another page it refers to sodium hypochlorite killing fungus.
Meirman
If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. Change domain to erols.com, if necessary.
meirman wrote:

the bottle is sodium hypochlorite, the active ingredient in liquid bleach. Although chlorine is used to manufacture sodium hypochlorite, there is no free chlorine in bleach.

Hi, Javex is Chlorine. Tony
My old chemistry professor always told us bleach actually worked by oxidation. If you ever spilled any in your trunk you know what he meant (rust)
Cl2 + 2NaOH --> NaOCl + NaCl + H2O
chlorine and sodium hydroxide form sodium hypochlorite (bleach) plus table salt plus water.
sodium hypochlorite is bleach.
meirman wrote:

the bottle is sodium hypochlorite, the active ingredient in liquid bleach. Although chlorine is used to manufacture sodium hypochlorite, there is no free chlorine in bleach.

Just use cheap household bleach, dilute 50-75% and spray in a garden sprayer. Clean the sprayer out with water, bleach is hard on them.
might look into asphalt shingle fungicide, or simply bare wood fungicide at your local paint store.

What's in the bottle is sodium hypochlorite, the active ingredient in liquid bleach. Although chlorine is used to manufacture sodium hypochlorite, there is no free chlorine in bleach.

What's in the bottle is sodium hypochlorite, the active ingredient in liquid bleach. Although chlorine is used to manufacture sodium hypochlorite, there is no free chlorine in bleach.

You can get stronger liquid chlorine from pool supply places

Chlorine is a gas. In order for it to be usable, it has to bind to something in solution. bleach is chlorine bound to salt in water. Sodium Hypochlorite is chlorine bleach. If you let ordinary bleach evaporate, the residue left from it is just salt.
-Jen
On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 14:30:11 -0500, "Aquarijen"

Radio Control Aircraft/Paintball Physics/Paintball for 40+ http://home.attbi.com/~dyrgcmn /