What type of material for a deck?

I have a second story deck in my house that is made of that "artificial" wood stuff. I am planning on replacing this and want to know what type of material might be best. When I say best I want it to look nice. The artificial wood does not look that nice - it is a very dark brown. The material will be wet quite often so that should be taken into account when recommending a material.
Thanks in advance.

Our local lumberyard has a few sections of material on a deck so you can see what it is like. IMO, mahogany (may be too dark for your taste) or Ipe is best, but after that, I'd go with cypress. Before installing, coat it with Penofin oil. The Penofin has UV inhibitors and will prevent graying for a long time.