What type of gauge to pressure check black gas pipe.

I will be adding a tee and run into my gas lines. I was planning on a pressure test and soap test.
I have a gauge that I used for co2 I guess this will also work? It is from 0-60psi

That will work fine. Where I am , they want the test at 15 psi. It should hold that. Be careful to turn off gas to any appliances first. They cannot handle that pressure. You could even loosen a union between each appliance and its valve if there is any chance the valve could leak.
theedudenator wrote:

You should be using a gage that reads to around 5 psi and is readable in units of 1/10 psi.
Here's one description of the procedure http://books.google.com/books?id=9GpbAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA116&lpg=PA116&dq=gas+pipe+leak+test&source=bl&ots=1phDGnDm0A&sig XCsWyTtDGN9QxEIsIpznTOMj4&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=1&ct=result#PPA116,M1. Check your local codes to be sure of the correct requirements for your area.
Note--gas valves are intended for low pressures--if you run the pressure up too high they may leak even though there's nothing wrong with them.
--John

http://books.google.com/books?id=9GpbAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA116&lpg=PA116&dq=gas+pipe+leak+test&source=bl&ots=1phDGnDm0A&sig XCsWyTtDGN9QxEIsIpznTOMj4&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=1&ct=result#PPA116,M1. My gas inspector required a 15 psi test.