what's the unit of gas detector reading?

Today, a technician from our local gas company (KeySpan, in New England) came to our house to do some checking. He used a digital natural gas detector to take some reading around the gas meter outside the house. The reading varies from 0 to 0.20 (in 0.05 increments). He didn't say there is any problem. Now I am curious what the unit is (which I forgot to ask).
Doesn't anybody know what the unit is? Is it ppm? Can gas detector detect 0.05ppm? Or the unit is something else?
On 5 Dec 2005 14:44:43 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

It checks for monkeys in a barrel. Did he find any? Bubba
On 5 Dec 2005 14:44:43 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

ppm
Yes, it should be parts per million.

posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

Did he fart? That will throw the reading off.
--
My boss said I was dumb and apathetic.
I said I don\'t know and I don\'t care...