What kind of caulk to use?

Our inground pool is rather old and the caulk in the seems between the side walk and the 'lip' of the pool is pretty much gone, we've been told if we don't caulk it up water could get in there and freeze and cause problems, I plan on caulking it up but don't know what type of caulk to use, would the latex caulk at wal-mart work?
I'd look for a good polyurethane caulk. The latex caulk is likely to be affected by chlorine. When applying the caulk mask the tile below the deck to prevent mishaps.
RB
Schism wrote:

I just use the caulk that's in my pants !!!! :)
Schism wrote:

Latex is inferior and won't last long, use 100% Silicone, any brand.

side
Ask at a specialized pool store: or ask the person who predicted problems. -- Don Phillipson Carlsbad Springs (Ottawa, Canada)