What Is the Purpose of an Open End "Angle" Wrench?

I'm always pleased to find a tool on the road, and doubly so if it's a primo brand such as Snap-On.

I just found a Snap-On V520B 5/8" open-end angle wrench, as their web site calls it. It looks like a typical open end wrench but with a more °extreme angle on the "jaw" portion - looks like about 45° rather than the typical 30°.

Can anyone explain why such an item exists? What purpose does it serve beyond that of the more familiar open end wrench?

Reply to
Art Shapiro

It allows you to get an open end wrench onto a bolt or nut you can not get onto with a standard-offset open end wrench.

Reply to
clare

Gee- ya think?????

Reply to
dpb

Sometimes a bolt will be tightened 15° more than usual.

Reply to
Micky

Most users don't know about flipping open end wrenches...

Reply to
Tekkie®