What is the easiest way to strip wallpaper?

Thank you.
On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 22:40:25 -0800, Scott Simpson
You're welcome, fuckwit.

Hire someone You're welcome
message

In my experience, the steam type units that you can rent are the most effective, especially for difficult to remove type.
Remove all your clothing.

I have done it a few times. Commercial paper stripper works fine, though a hand tool that perforates the paper helps.
If you will be painting, be darn sure you get all the paste off or the paint will not adhear properly.
depends on the type of wallpaper. i've tried steamers, but had better performance/less work with simply misting the wall a number of times with a dilute soap solution. The paper gets soggy and peels off pretty nicely. This method won't work if the paper has a thick vinyl top surface.

I have found that there are 4 types of wallpaper.
1. Simple paper with a printed pattern, easy to soak and strip. 2. Paper printed with vinyl inks, difficult to get water to soak in and just as difficult to strip. 3. Paper with a solid vinyl coating, you can dry peel off the vinyl coating, the split paper base left on the wall is easy to soak and strip. 4. Solid vinyl, usually on a cloth backing, put up with special vinyl paste. Some are easy to peel off by grabbing a corner, some glues really bond well. Soaking the vinyl material does nothing, the residual paste will require a good soaking and clean up.
Older or specialty papers, like the solid vinyl, are not pre-pasted and the difficulty of removal will depend on the paste used, some are relatively easy, some very difficult.
Your results will vary according to the type of paper and the paste used or the pre-pasted glues used in the manufacturer. There is no simple way, it takes testing and trying different methods.