What is the brigtest battery operated flash/flood light?

In Miami with no power, have a few flash lights but not bright enough to do anything. I remember years ago a friend of mine had a battery operated flood light and it was so bright it lit up the entire room bright enough to read. Any idea where I can get those? Are there any halogen flash lights?

MC

Reply to
miamicuse

Check on Ebay for LED lights. I use LED head lights for when I'm working. And I've got several Luxon lights and a couple LED light. You can get an assortment of sizes, battery types, and so on.

If you want bright halogen, check on Surefire. Most Walmarts have lanterns, and such. The Walmart I was in today in NY State, had a big selection of flash lights. Halogen, filament, minimag, lanterns, and a nifty assortment of LED designs. I really enjoyed that shopping trip.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"miamicuse" wrote in news:Oq6dnVmJiYWkVv snipped-for-privacy@dsli.com:

Your best bet is battery-powered FLOURESCENT lamps.That's what I used after Charlie last year.I had a 4 D cell camping lantern(20 [2-tube] or 40 hrs [single-tube] run time) and a 8 AA cell single tube lamp that I had made an external power cord (before Charlie) to connect to a small 12V/20AH gel cell from my electric scooter;that would run for a LONG time.I also wired up a couple of small 12v fans salvaged from PC power supplies I had in my junkbox,kept me cooler in 90 deg weather,when sleeping.

Reply to
Jim Yanik
3 watt luxeon is excellent on belt holster has 2 x 3 volt. expensive but brightest. second best is my pocket xenon with 2 x AAA batteries. that giant rechargable 5 million candlepower is a wonderful light 100w halogen bulb will light up the room but battery life extremely short.
Reply to
buffalobill

Remember that all else being equal, the brighter the light the more energy it will use and the shorter battery life.

LED and Flourescent are both far more efficient than tungsten types (including halogen).

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I use a large sears with a lead acic battery it holds a storage charge and has a briht halogen bulb, its like a car bulb. But for long life and use I think I would pick a flourescent with a lead acid battery. Many white Leds have no more energy efficiency than incandesant, compared to blue yellow or red LED, apx 19 Lpw-lumen per watt. Flourescent are rated at 60-110 Lpw for T8. Many China nicads are junk. Good lights are expensive. Mag lights are good flashlights, lifetime warranty.

Reply to
m Ransley

Any specific recommendations such as brand/model?

I have flash lights but they are not bright enough. May be I will check out those florescent ones?

How long does your Sears halogen last when fully charged? Will it run for a while on a deep marine battery?

Thanks,

MC

Reply to
miamicuse

The sears is a heavy handheld light with no option to hook up another battery, it runs about 45 minutes but it is a bright spotlight not floodlight bulb. Im looking at the light and it has no model# on it, its the only lead acid battery light they sell. Flourescent are at least 4 times more efficient.

Reply to
m Ransley

Jim Yanik wrote in news:Xns96FE13C7A2D56jyanikkuanet@129.250.170.86:

Fluorescent,not what I mistakenly typed.(can one become dyslexic?)

Reply to
Jim Yanik