What is a scudder box?

I talked to a rain gutter contractor here today about making a 2 foot gutter where a gable roof drains onto the windows on the front of my house. He said he couldn't do a gutter that would be strong enough to go in there and handle the amount of water flow off of that gable. Reccomended I call a sheet metal company and get an extimate on a scudder box instead.
What the heck is that?
I need to redirect this as the water is eating the morter out of the bricks.
Bruce Musgrove wrote:

http://www.detroitcorniceandslate.com/architectural_details_2.htm
Jim
Bruce Musgrove wrote:

Here's a dumb question: Why didn't you ask him as soon as he used the word and you didn't know what it meant?
Why don't you call him back and ask?
Pop
One should not be so p-h-i-l-o-p-o-L-e-m-i-c
Becuse I was a little loopy from Pain medications. I just had my gallbladder removed a few days ago. Scupper Box I know. Scudder box confused me.
Thanks for the information.

I'm sure he meant a scupper box. It may be better known as a conductor head. Here is an example: http://www.conductorheads.com/info.htm
message